Friday, July 8, 2011

July 4, 2011

I worked on the fourth, but as soon as I got off  I headed down to meet some friends at the lake!  I spent the rest of the hot, daylight hours like this, sippin' and floating! with my friends around me, playing washers, snacking, laughing, and hanging out.  





We barbequed some veggie dogs, corn on the cob, turkey burgers, potatoes, and shared a bottle of whiskey.  Oh and we had s'mores later.  Which the boys drunkenly proclaimed were the best s'mores they had ever eaten/made.  


Unfortunately, from our little camp spot we couldn't see any fireworks.  I was a bit bummed and next year my goal is to see some!  We could hear them in the distance though :(  I could see the beautiful moon in the warm summer sky though.


Waking up the next morning in the tent, happy to be alive!  Here's my silly and amazing boyfriend.  Who always wakes up way before me!


Hope everyone had a great holiday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now i am really relieved I discovered this website! You're so precise!!
I wish for many more will think the same as us! Stick to the good discussions I'm browsing you now hehe

moonshinejunkyard said...

geez i should have gone with you guys! my holiday was pretty lackluster, what's up with placerville doing nothing festive for the 4th?!! looks like you guys celebrated the right way. i love this.