Saturday, September 29, 2012

Heather's Birthday


It was my roommate, Heather's birthday on September 20th!  So we had her a little potluck at our abode.  I recently missed out on my friend, Mo's 30th birthday bash and I'm quite bummed.  I think I even shed a tear while reading her blog about this party of a lifetime, but this little party was also a good, sweet time with friend's celebrating a birth that is very close to my heart.
Ha, this was the cake I made her.  You think I am a crazy cat lady, well Heather is one in the same.  I found this recipe and idea on some blog sometime ago.  I had to make it!  Behold the LITTER BOX CAKE!


Doesn't it look disgustingly real?  It's chocolate and white cake crumbled together with vanilla pudding and crunched up vanilla sandwich cookies.  The turds are tootsie rolls, that I scuplted myself!  And I went to the dollar store and found the tub and scooper, which I still washed a hundred times, just because!  I surprised Heather with this cake and of course she loved it.  Everyone thought it was hillarious and REAL! 



Heather has been bartending on and off since college so she invented and made the special birthday cocktail, which we dubbed "The Enchantment".  It was amazing.  It was vodka, elderflower liqueur, homemade ginger simple syrup, muddled mint, lime, and cucumber, and a splash of club soda.
  

Not so much a cocktail man, even Jordan thought it was bomb.  He's cute.


Heather's boyfriend, Willie made Jumbalaya.  We had three batches, the veggie version, the gluten free version, and the meat eater's version.  It was good!  I made cheesy, garlic mashed potatoes, they were good too!


I don't mean to brag, but Heather had to work all day so Jordan and I cleaned our whole damn house and lit candles and set up Christmas lights outside!  I was proud and Heather was super grateful.



Barbeque chicken and veggies galore grilled with oil and balsamic vinegar.  We also had fresh french bread and a big green salad.  A PERFECT potluck!


I hope you made a good wish birthday girl!


I was so afraid no one would eat my cake!  But look, a few drinks and everyone partook!  It was a good night!

1 comment:

moonshinejunkyard said...

okay my favorite part about this is how sweet you and jordan were to clean up all day and put out candles and make everything look all pretty. i bet she was sooooo incredibly happy to come home, but i hope the party didn't ruin it too much! your cake is CRAZY and actually sounds pretty good. i wonder who ate the tootsie roll poops? it looks scary real. what a perfect party. sending love your way friend.