Thursday, August 2, 2012

Mookie Update

So, I have neglected to inform you guys that Mookie passed away.  It happened several weeks ago and at this point I am able to write and come to terms with the departure of my sweet, chicken girl.  She was doing so beautifully.  Gaining energy, perkiness, and cute little stubble feathers growing strong and golden.  She was pure gold that hen.  But on the fateful night that she passed a raccoon came through our cat door and somehow got her out of her cat carrier recovery home and killed and ate her.  I was staying at my boyfriend's house and was not home.  The next day my roommate and I took turns digging her little grave and saying our goodbyes.  I realize now, obviously the universe had bigger plans for her.  Her soul was meant to move on.  She really taught me a lot and I am so grateful to have met her and loved her.  So, I am chickenless for the time being.  I am not jaded though, I can't wait to get little chicks again sometime soon!  

1 comment:

moonshinejunkyard said...

awwwwww, i miss mookie even though i never met her. i loved all the stories about her, what a true beauty. you were so good with her. life is crazy and i am so glad you two were together for a while. love and chickens and sunshine, all that is good to you my friend.